Old Ford Primary Academy – National Teaching School
Old Ford Primary Academy was one of only 36 primary schools to be designated as a National Teaching School in the first cohort in 2011. Being a National Teaching School provides the impetus, co-ordination and focus that are critical to achieving excellence through learning from and working with others. We are able to draw on the very best practice the education system has to offer and ensure that each and every child benefits from its influence. This also means providing our pupils with excellent educational experiences, as well as for thousands of children across the country.
1. What is a National Teaching School?
These are outstanding examples of the best schools in the country that take a leading responsibility for supporting and assuring initial teacher training and professional and leadership development for teachers and leaders in their area.
2. Why was Old Ford Primary designated?
We have a significant track record of successful collaborative relationships with partner schools.
We have the proven capacity within our school to provide support and development to other schools.
We deliver high-quality initial teaching training, professional/leadership development and school-to-school support.
3. What does this mean for the work of Old Ford Primary?
Providing support for trainee teachers, leaders and other colleagues in schools by working as part of a partnership.
Providing support for schools that are facing challenging circumstances.
Making an important contribution to the wider system by working to create a network of schools that work in partnership to deliver both of the above.
4. Our strategic partners
- Culloden Primary School – Primary
- The Park Federation – Primary
- Bethnal Green Academy – Secondary
- Ian Mikardo School – Special
- University of East London – Higher education institution
- Institute of Education – Higher education institution
- Keystage Consultancy – Human resources
- Touchstone Training – leadership and management
5. Our services
We offer a bespoke school improvement service to primary, secondary and special schools including:
- teaching and learning programmes and courses
- leadership and management development
- professional development courses on HR practices and procedures
- peer to peer support, coaching and mentoring
- specialist support for English as an additional language, early years, safeguarding and special educational needs and disabilities.
Details are available upon request.
7. Further information
For further information please contact us on 020 8980 1503 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting national teaching school